04 January 2008

Changes

First of all Happy New Year to everybody. I hope it will as much of an exciting year for you as it will be for us!

So yesterday I decided to switch from the gynecologist to a midwife. I was allowed to because of my lack of a medical indication (see a previous entry). But still I was debating, because I do want to deliver in the hospital, so was changing really worth it?

I called the hospital first to see what I would have to do to switch. Once again I got treated unpleasant and by yet another person, so I decided to call the midwife. There secretary was super nice, took all my info, made an appointment and right away it felt more personal. The midwife will also look at my 20 week ultrasound, so I canceled the ultrasound at the hospital, where I would not even see my gynecologist, but a technician (who I am sure will do a good job as well). I just didn't think there was a point in staying with him if I wasn't going to see him anyway. Besides this the gyno is really only interested in the medical stuff and not in my questions regarding the best diapers etc to use....which are starting to pop up in my head as we move further into the pregnancy. The midwife will be more cozy and helpful that way.

So this coming Tuesday I have my intake talk at the midwife, I am curious to see the difference, but after the couple of unpleasant phone calls with the hospital I am already relieved I made this change.