14 March 2008

Midwife checkup

I just got home from another checkup at the midwife. Everything continues to go very well. My BP was still great 120/75 and the baby's heartbeat still strong. The midwife was able to feel how Junior was positioned this time. Head down and with his/her back to the right side. This makes sense, b/c I already had the feeling that Jr likes to hang out on the right side, sometimes I see a big bulge on that side. But at this point in the pregnancy Jr can still move around in every direction, so not until 30 weeks (I think) the final positioning is important.

So far I have gained 7 kilo's (+/- 15 pounds) and I gained most of it in the last 3 weeks. The midwife would have guessed me 1-2 weeks more advanced if she didn't know my charts. But she told me not to worry that we will have a monster big baby. They tend to grow in spurts and probably just went through one, now it might be a little more steady for couple of weeks.

So mother and baby are still doing great!