29 April 2008

Almost no symptomes at 32 weeks. Is that normal?

Today I am 32 weeks pregnant and I was just reading some of the websites about what to expect at 32 weeks. According to this one website I can experience the following symptomes:

"The common symptoms felt by most women by this stage would be fatigue, breathlessness, backache, constipation, faintness, leg cramps, insomnia, and mood changes, swelling in breasts, leaking breasts, bleeding gums, contractions, vaginal discharge, nosebleeds, stretch marks, frequent urination, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, heartburn and indigestion."

Sounds scary to me...... Luckely I have been pretty much symptom free (so far), which almost seems abnormal??
Jr is however growing and pushing from the inside and this morning I felt for the first time that (s)he can push my ribs. The legs always seem to be on the right side of my body and pushing that part of my belly feels a little sore.
The one other thing I think I noticed are the so called Braxton Hicks Contractions, which means you utures is practicing for delivery. It doesn't hurt, my belly just gets thight and it indeed feels like that muscle is working hard. This all of a sudden made me realize that if I were to deliver 1-2 weeks early we will be parents in about 6 weeks.... Now that is scary! On the one hand I am really looking forward to meeting the little person who is in my belly now. On the other hand, because I have had such few symptomes, I am not sick of being pregnant yet and I think I will even miss my belly and the company of Jr.