I just got back from my gynecology appointment. It took forever and I had to go from one department to the next and back. Unfortunately the gyno was a different one than normal and in a big hurry. He didn't give me a good feeling at all. I told him that things are getting uncomfortable, that I haven't been able to eat much in 2 days etc, but he didn't seem to hear much of it. He was more busy instructing the intern what to do and preferably as fast as possible. The first time the intern took my BP I was wondering why I didn't feel weird, b/c it measured 150/110!. I think the gyno also had his doubts and suggested to look at my belly first. Nothing changed in that department. Jr is still high in my belly (explains why my stomach is the size of a peanut) and there is still enough amniotic fluid. After this he checked my BP again which was now 130/90 so still a little high. That resulted in having some blood drawn, collection of urine and I have to go in for the day on Thursday so they will monitor Jr and my BP for an extended period of time. Do you get a discount after a certain number of hospital admissions by the way?? Based on those results we guess they will come up with a plan. Because when I asked him about their policy on inducing labor he was not to nice and said "we can do it tomorrow"... we are taking 3 actions already now, blood, urine and hospital admittance for a day on Thursday. That wasn't my question, I just wanted to know if they would let me go past 42 weeks (if everything looks fine for me and Jr), but of course I prefer to start naturally and don't want to just start it tomorrow. So in the end I am not convinced if my high BP was due to an adverse reaction to the Dr. or the extension time of my pregnancy.
We will find out soon....just some more wait and see for now!