Now that we are completely switched to bottle feeding since a little over a week (Jill was 11 weeks) Jill has developed new sleeping and eating habits. The great sleeping adjustment is that for 8 nights now (since September 22nd, Jill was 11 weeks and 4 days) she sleeps a complete night. Also during the day she is more rested and sleeps about 1,5 - 2 hours between feedings. This is all very nice, because now I am more rested too and I get more time during the day to get things done. A) because I can wake up earlier, because I don't need to take a morning nap anymore, and b) when she sleeps during the day I get stuff done.
But the thing that probably gives me most extra time is her new feeding schedule. After we switched to bottle feeding she only ate every 3 hours, which made for 6 feedings during the day (8, 11 am, 2, 5, 8 and 11 pm) but since her growth spurt last week she now for 2 days only wants to eat every 4 hours, which makes for 5 feedings a day (7.30, 11.30 am, 3.30, 7.30 and 11 pm). At first I was a little worried that I dropped a feeding to fast, but she seems to do great on it. Of course she gets more food per feeding so in total she gets the same amount over a complete day.
I am in general just amazed I guess about how much easier it all of a sudden feels. Wait... this comment will probably get back at me soon! But seriously, just one less feeding and some extra sleep makes it really very enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, I don't only enjoy Jill when she sleeps more, it is just so much more fun in between feedings, because we interact better, she is happier and that is of course nicer than crying!
P.S. Don't mind the details about age, times etc, but I won't remember all these things in a couple of months from now, so I like to write them down somewhere.