24 October 2008

Sleepover

Jill and I went down to grandma's house for a sleepover this past week. It was a lot of fun and Jill did great.
My dad had been in Australia for work for close to a month so Jill and I decided to go test out her new camping bed and of course spent some quality time with grandma. It was amazing how much stuff I had to bring! Food, clothes, bedding, stroller, bouncy seat and not to forget Clover and all her stuff too. Sean even stayed home the morning I left to help me put all the stuff in the car. But it worked (thank god we bought a bigger car last year). The drive down was a challenge since it was really rainy and the total length of traffic jams (like 570 km) made it even in the top 10 of busiest mornings ever. Great do I have that on my first drive down there alone with Jill. Of course I checked the news and none of the traffic jams were really where I had to go but it still took me 2 hours. But it went great and Jill slept pretty much the whole drive down. Except for a small part about 1/2 hour away from my parents when we got stock in a small traffic jam. I was singing kids songs over and over and that eventually calmed her down. Good thing it isn't summer and people drive with their windows shut!
So after this adventure the fun started and my mom and I just mainly spent time talking, entertaining Jill and we also went shopping for about 2 hours in the afternoon of the 2nd day. Jill loved all the attention and kept talking back to grandma ALL the time, even when we put her to bed she kept talking. It was too cute and nice for my mom.
Jill slept great during the night in her new bed and I was really proud of her doing so well on her sleep over. Now we are confident and could do this more often.
The bonus was for my dad because he came home from Australia on Thursday morning and Jill was at their house waiting for him. He hadn't seen her in 5 weeks! So after some quality time with grandpa we left and made it home to Sean who worked from home to make sure he was home when we came back. He missed Jill and we even video chatted from my parents house so he could see her in the time (2,5 days) we were gone!

Here are some nice pictures of Jill's sleepover.

Testing my new bed!













Lots of quality time and attention from grandma!










Being creative taking a bath (wouldn't also fit in the car).. in the kitchen sink!