Last week I wrote about some practical issues of why we wouldn't start giving Jill fruit or vegetables just yet. Well I changed my mind as some book I have writes that it is good to get babies used to different flavors, and you don't have to replace a full meal with it yet.
So we started with pear. Jill and I went to the store and got her pear juice, pears and a strainer. First we started with pear juice from a spoon, but that wasn't a big success, not only did Jill not like it at all (it was indeed pretty bitter) it was too liquidy. So onto pear pushed through a strainer. She loves that! After 3 nights she sees the spoon and opens her mouth. It is still a bit messy, but she is getting the hang of it. I got 2 more pears and so after a couple of pear nights we can then move onto something new.. I am thinking melon.
I will post some messy pictures soon, but usually my fingers are also sticky and not able to operate a photo camera.