Sean got a book from a friend of his. It is written by a Dutch writer, called Kluun. The guy wrote some quite controversial books and I am still not sure if I like him or hate him for this (I won't go into the details of the topics his other books). But he did write this one funny book for fathers-to-be called "Help, I made my wife pregnant".
I read it too, and I have to say I recognized a lot of the anecdotes he wrote about, even though as a women it is hard to admit we turn into this creature you always told yourself you wouldn't.
Here are some funny quotes in his book that really made me laugh:
He talks about all the information women start to collect as soon as they find out they are pregnant:
"Within a couple of weeks after the pregnancy test she has collected a file that even Abraham Moszkowicz (a famous Dutch lawyer) would be jealous off"
A chapter about shopping for the baby. His wife wants to go through some of the gathered magazines to pick out furniture (the baby is a that point the size of a rice grain) and he thinks they have 35 more weeks to shop and prefers to go see his favorite Dutch soccer team Ajax. His wife gets mad an thus.
"An hour later (Ajax won that afternoon with 5-1, I found out from the internet) we virtually already spent a thousand bucks, because according to my wife and the copywriters of the magazines is the best for your kid"
At the store he argues with the sales lady about the price of a mattress. The lady says the 60 bucks one is so much better for the baby's spine than the 20 one of 20 dollars.
"I don't think the baby is going to have a hernia from laying on a simple mattress after it just spend months folded like a pretzel in my wifes belly"
About all the food you are not supposed to eat and other bacteria to watch out for.
"Your wife is supposed to watch out for cat droppings, Oh she already didn't eat those anyway"
"Human Chorion Gonadotropine. That sounds like poison, and basically that is what it is too"
"The placenta: Like a granola bar for the baby during the pregnancy"
Get the point? Written for guys but pretty funny he?