25 January 2008

Maternity clothes (week 18)

It is official now. My normal pants don't fit anymore. For quite a while I was able to still wear pants that were always a little big on me. But this week I gave up, it is just not comfortable anymore and covering an unbuttoned pair of pants isn't always easy and a little nerve racking at work too. So I bought 2 pair of maternity pants. One pair of jeans and one pair of black pants. I also made one myself. I had these casual pants that I wasn't going to wear anymore next year, because the color started to fade. So I took the waist band of and I sew an old t-shirt onto the waist band. Of course I cut the arms of the t-shirt, and it just looks like a wide elastic band. That is what the official maternity clothes look like too.

Now I hope I will manage the winter with 3 pair of pants and in the spring I will have to buy some more pants and probably t-shirts too. For now my normal t-shirts are fine and I wear a belly band over my pants to cover the fact that my t-shirts are getting shorter.....

I swear this baby is growing like crazy right now!