20 June 2008

Hospital sleep over.....take 3

Before Jr is born (s)he already takes over our complete schedule. Thursday morning at 3 am I woke up with yet another bleeding (take 3) which was pretty heavy. So another field trip in the middle of the night to the hospital was the result, and even though everything looked ok, like Jr's heart beat etc I had to stay in the hospital this time. Bummer... but because this had already been the third bleeding and because I had mild contractions and a high blood pressure the Dr figured it was time to keep me for observation.
Then the long waiting started since Thursday I wasn't allowed to do anything but stay in bed. Sean came to visit me a couple of times in between taking Clover out and taking care of other household things, but that was my only distraction the whole day. I had hoped to go home in the evening, b/c the bleeding stopped, but no.. I had to stay overnight.
This morning I was really sick of staying around with no activity going on besides Jr playing around all happy not indicating any sign of labor. By noon the Dr came and I was ready to go home. At first they wanted to keep me a little longer so I could mobilize and they could observe me during it, but I had my bags packed and was ready to go, so they released me under the condition of taking it very easy.
Hopefully tonight the bleeding will not start again.... it is getting old by now!