Today Sean has a professional recording session with his band. This however means that Jill and I have to spent 8 hours on a Saturday together. Not like that differs from the rest of the week, but I always like to get out and do something with the family on the weekends. But today we hung out with Eva and her 1 year old son Finn. Her husband is also a member of the band, so we decided to go spent the day together.
We met at Haarlem trainstation to walk downtown to the shopping area. To get there me and Jill had to go on the bus, since walking would take long. I was a little nervous, hoping that Jill would behave and not scream the whole bus together and I was wondering if I could even get the stroller on the bus myself. But all went great. Jill even did better than me, I just hate shopping on Saturday downtown, it is always crazy busy, and this time with a stroller didn't make it easier. But Jill slept or just looked around happy when awake. We even set down on a terrass, the weather was great, for a cup of coffee.
When we got home after 3 hours I have to say I was really proud of us. It is just that these things, like shopping, always were the easiest thing in the world that you didn't think twice about before going. Now you plan it all out and run into issues you never would have considered before. I mean, how do you prepare food without a microwave? I had to bring a thermos with hot water in case Jill got hungry. Eva gave me a good tip. Also bring some cold water in case the thermos stays to hot, that way you can mix and match to the right temperature without having to wait till the water cools of. Also all the aisle seems to be a lot smaller all of a sudden too. You see what I mean... But we did it and that is what matters!