08 October 2008

More shots....

Yesterday Jill had her second round of shots. It was just to sad.....
Last time she cried as well, but she was a lot less aware of things yet and since she cried a lot in that period anyway it seemed like she didn't notice that much. Well yesterday she did! She was all happy and smiley in the pediatrician's office and was looking around. I think she really starts to know now when we are in a strange environment. Also people she doesn't see regularly can be scary now. When the doctor got into her face to fast preparing the shots Jill already showed the lip again (see car picture from 1,5 weeks ago). But then the worst part came, the shots. Jill got quiet at first and then started crying like I haven't heard before. Like adults almost, really in pain. She had tears streaming down her face even.
Luckily the rest of the day she didn't seem to be effected by it too much. She was a little more cranky, but she slept good and today she seems to be herself again.

Next month the last of the 3 shots will be given to her, and then she doesn't need any until she is 11 months. This is good so I have enough time to get this all set up in VT, because I am not sure how it all works there.